Does anyone know if chicken saddles prevent hawk attacks?

Pics

DJASBC

Songster
Sep 26, 2019
Western Pennsylvania
Headline pretty much sums it up. We had our first hawk yesterday- thankfully the roos and I scared it away, but I want more hawk protection! I have reflective stuff all over the yard, windmills, mirrors, and we're making a lifesize plywood bigfoot now. Do these work? Not much about the hawks in the reviews online.
611kBM166RL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Probably not worth the money. If your raising the for pets or livestock. Hawks go for chickens but if the chickens have somthing to take cover under then that will help. Our chickens have had a few hawk attacks, but if you build a little lean-to or put in some bushes in their coop they can take cover under they should be more safer then they already were. It might also be heavy on a chicken. But if they chicken are free ranged it might work even better.

Probably not worth the money. If your raising the for pets or livestock. Hawks go for chickens but if the chickens have somthing to take cover under then that will help. Our chickens have had a few hawk attacks, but if you build a little lean-to or put in some bushes in their coop they can take cover under they should be more safer then they already were. It might also be heavy on a chicken. But if they chicken are free ranged it might work even better.
Yes they are free ranging pets that are spoiled rotten. I like your point about it being heavy- probably hot too. Hopefully someone who has used them gives us their insight too.
Thank you <3

Headline pretty much sums it up. We had our first hawk yesterday- thankfully the roos and I scared it away, but I want more hawk protection! I have reflective stuff all over the yard, windmills, mirrors, and we're making a lifesize plywood bigfoot now. Do these work? Not much about the hawks in the reviews online.
View attachment 2163081
Is scaring away animals what they are used for?

No idea. I like the "eye on back idea". It works with other animals but I don't know if it does on hawks though. As for the saddle I think not. The saddle is reflective material right? If so it might attract Hawks not repel them. My advice for hawks is to put netting above their run. Interesting ideas though!
Already have a wonderful full protection coop & run, including a roof- it’s when they’re free ranging that I worry.

Back
Top Bottom