Does anyone know of a substitute for Tylan 50/200?

Djongo

In the Brooder
Jan 31, 2016
They must have stopped making this stuff because it's out of stock EVERYWHERE for the last year at least. Is there any other OTC antibiotic injection that you would suggest using for chickens? I've looked online, in stores, at the vet, nobody has it anywhere.

Oxytetracycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic you could try.

Attachments

• F57BB95F-F3EE-4997-845F-1D8AF0A7A04B.jpeg
    F57BB95F-F3EE-4997-845F-1D8AF0A7A04B.jpeg
    935.5 KB · Views: 29
I've been treating a hen with Tylan 50 and she is doing better. I too have been on line trying to find more as my bottle is running low. Sigh, all these government regulations. Even vet supplies that require a script for the stuff don't have it in stock. Sigh :*(

I've been treating a hen with Tylan 50 and she is doing better. I too have been on line trying to find more as my bottle is running low. Sigh, all these government regulations. Even vet supplies that require a script for the stuff don't have it in stock. Sigh :*(
Try Jedds for the tylosin powder in post 6. They have it in stock now, and it will make 20 gallons of liquid. It won’t be long before we cannot get any antibiotics, even for pigeons and fish.

Try Jedds for the tylosin powder in post 6. They have it in stock now, and it will make 20 gallons of liquid. It won’t be long before we cannot get any antibiotics, even for pigeons and fish.

I want the injectable. I don't want to give it to them all; just one needs the shots.

I saw some Tylan 200 at TSC awhile back, but most people cannot find either the 50 or 200 at all now. They seem to have stopped selling it everywhere. You could use the powder and calculate an oral dosage. They do still sell injectable LA200 (oxytetracycline) refrigerated at many feed stores.

Back
Top Bottom