Does anyone know what breed these 2 pullets are?

Rhandi74

Songster
5 Years
Mar 31, 2014
East TN
I got these as pullets from TSC about 2 months ago but I am unsure of what breed they are any help would be appreciated.

Flash

Loki

Look like barred rock.

That is what I thought until I got some BR's and they look nothing alike. Maybe the new ones are just better quality??? Here is 2 of them and they are 2 weeks younger but have never resembled the others.

Thank you, I did not think they could possibly be the same kind of chickens since they are so very different.

I got these as pullets from TSC about 2 months ago but I am unsure of what breed they are any help would be appreciated.

Flash

Loki

Flash is a Barred Rock pullet. Loki....I'm not really sure on breed, but not Barred Rock. The other 2 Barred Rocks you got are cockerels which is why they look different than flash. Here is a picture of my pair. The roosters always have more white on them.

LL

This in one cool looking bird! Laced in the front, barred in the back...I'll bet she'll turn out gorgeous!

This in one cool looking bird! Laced in the front, barred in the back...I'll bet she'll turn out gorgeous! 
[/quote]
Thank you

Last edited:
Here Loki is today. Do you guys think she is a production black? I really wish I knew what she was.

Also someone mentioned she was a he. is she a pullet or cockerel?

She's a pullet for sure, but still no idea what she is. could be a production black, that's as good a name as any for a barred based bird from a hatchery. In all likelihood she's an Oops bird.

Back
Top Bottom