Does anyone know what breed these geese are?

Mirana

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2019
They are all white except one with patches of grey. That one is a female and she weighs 9lbs. She is one of the larger ones, so they are pretty small geese - not much bigger than Canada geese. There are both males and females that are pure white, so I guess it is not an auto-sexing breed?

Any ideas what breed they could be? Thanks so much!

IMG_0157.JPG IMG_3886.PNG

White Embdens. Not sure about the other. Perhaps a cross with an African.
Can you post a clearer picture of the bill?

Thanks for the help!! Are you sure the white ones are Embdens? They are pretty small, some of them I would guess are no more than 8lbs and I thought Embdens were pretty large (20-30lbs?) but I am definitely no expert!

Here are some better pictures of her bill. It had not occured to me that she may just be a different breed than the rest but that makes sense. Let me know if you need different angles or anything. Really appreciate the help, thank you!

IMG_0328.JPG IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0332.JPG

They look like Pilgrims.

Thanks for the response! That was what I thought too, but then I discovered that some of the pure white ones are females. Don't female Pilgrams always have some grey feathers due to the auto-sexing/dimorphic trait?

Wow, many breeds I had never even heard of on Feathersite - thanks for that link! Great resource. Every time I think I know what breed they are, something seems to rule it out lol. They do really look like Embdens, but they are so much smaller. Maybe the white ones are Romans without the tuft?

Twente goose seems to match them perfectly in description and appearance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twente_goose
Except for that they are apparently very rare. They were found at a local public pond, I assume dumped there, so I doubt they would be a rare breed. Very sweet little guys though!

Back
Top Bottom