does anyone know what color these silkie chicks will get?

Buff and Partridge. Very cute ones, at that!
i thought i’d do an update with how theyre going now!
also, the 2nd one, shes a bit down? might be the weather changes but she is just sitting kind of in a ball all day and rarely walks, as of 2 days ago she didnt have that

Attachments

• 1E527CF6-F825-44C0-8A2A-856411AFBD9E.jpeg
    1E527CF6-F825-44C0-8A2A-856411AFBD9E.jpeg
    519.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2F6B0687-A3D8-485C-9801-50E98D33EFA5.jpeg
    2F6B0687-A3D8-485C-9801-50E98D33EFA5.jpeg
    553.7 KB · Views: 10
also, the 2nd one, shes a bit down? might be the weather changes but she is just sitting kind of in a ball all day and rarely walks, as of 2 days ago she didnt have that
They are beautiful. The partridge looks a little lethargic. I'd give her some electrolytes and get a float test done. Some vet clinics will do the float test even if they don't see chickens.

They are beautiful. The partridge looks a little lethargic. I'd give her some electrolytes and get a float test done. Some vet clinics will do the float test even if they don't see chickens.
may i ask what that means? english isnt my first language haha! and what is the float test??

may i ask what that means? english isnt my first language haha! and what is the float test??
They test their poop to see if & what kind of worms they might have.
Since she is fairly new to you, and your yard, she may need to be treated for coccidiosis. I think this is what I would treat for in your situation, if you cannot find a vet.

Both of your Silkies are beautiful! I wouldn't doubt that one is feeling down, Silkies have a poor immunity. I agree with what @janiedoe says.

Lethargic basically means sluggish and tired.

They test their poop to see if & what kind of worms they might have.
Since she is fairly new to you, and your yard, she may need to be treated for coccidiosis. I think this is what I would treat for in your situation, if you cannot find a vet.
i have a worm cure at home with me since we had to treat our other silkies a few months ago, is that also good to give to them? i have vitamins too :)

Back
Top Bottom