Does anyone know where I can buy a single newborn duckling?

If you have to get just ONE, do so with the attitude that after a week or 2 you will get it a friend, after it has first made friends with you first. That bond will not go away, but it really is better to have 2! just my opinion, and good luck!
I have 2 crippled ducks in my home, and they are bonded with me and each other and I do not feel left out.

Yes that was my plan! I was going to raise it alone while it is a baby and once it was about 4 weeks old I was going to buy another.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

My campbells are very imprinted on me and I have 5. The main drake keeps all the others shoved up against my feet when I am out with them. They throw a fit when I go inside. You cannot be with the duck 24 hours a day. It will need a friend, when you are not there. Get at least 2. Two would be twice as much fun as one.

Alright well I have to buy two anyways and I already have two duck diapers bought so I guess I'll have to.

Quote:
Why do you need diapers? If they're very small you can keep them in a large tote til they feather out then put them in a chicken tractor or something larger outside. DONT get just one. I have 24 ducks and they are all attached to me. Most will eat out of my hands and will let me pick them up. One is totally unfair. I have 6 cayugas and they are great. If you lived closer I'd give you a baby I incubate them all the time!

Quote:
Why do you need diapers? If they're very small you can keep them in a large tote til they feather out then put them in a chicken tractor or something larger outside. DONT get just one. I have 24 ducks and they are all attached to me. Most will eat out of my hands and will let me pick them up. One is totally unfair. I have 6 cayugas and they are great. If you lived closer I'd give you a baby I incubate them all the time!

diapers for inside. I know I will have two.

Quote:

diapers for inside. I know I will have two.

I can't imagine ducks being happy inside. They like vegatation and insects.
sad.png

If my cayuga hatch is successful, I'd be happy to give you one. I'm not comfortable shipping, but I live in CA too. (near fresno)- so if you don't mind a drive? I'll be putting them in the incubator this weekend so it will still be a little wait.

Back
Top Bottom