does anyone know where i can get ouessant sheep

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by seramagirl, Nov 26, 2010.

1. seramagirl

seramagirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2010
    graham,washington
    I have been looking for a breeder of these sheep I want something very small to raise .
    These sheep 19in tall or so .Or can anyone help me find some tiny sheep ? Thank you and Happy Holidays

2. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
  3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    The Wikipedia article on them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouessant_(sheep)) and several other places on the web seem to think they are not currently in North America. I'm inclined to believe that, since if they were there'd be high incentive for whoever had the North American stock to post their info for buyers to find [​IMG]

They sound and look a lot like just an even-smaller version of shetlands. So are you sure shetlands wouldn't suit you? Shetlands are quite easy to find, and you could easily look for smaller individuals if you wanted.

Babydoll southdowns are the most commonly marketed breed of "miniature" sheep per se, in North America, but there are breeders with what they call miniature or toy stock of other types such as jacobs or cheviots. It depends partly on how miniature it hasta be for you [​IMG] If you are interested in it, try googling "miniature sheep" and you will find a whole bunch, or you could add your state to the google search to find breeders in your area.

Pat

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  4. 1shelby1

1shelby1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    whine cntry,ca.
    HI-I'm looking for babydoll southdowns-just for a fleece flock and pasture trimmers.Good luck with your search.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by