Does anyone know where there down comes from?????

LOL...I'm allergic to feathers.

If I go anywhere NEAR a down pillow I break out, sneeze and start coughing. Forget that! lol!

I haven't watched the video, but why have down filled garments at all? Most insulators that are fabricated work just as well.

Quote:
LOL if you are allergic to feathers then why do you have chickens
tongue.png

I saw that show "Dirty Jobs" where they processed geese for feathers. The geese were dead in that show. They used a bench plucker to get them out.

It's not any worse than the way they force kids to work in factories. Why do we allow people to import stuff from China. It's very hypocritical. Too bad that money is more important than morals.

That being said. I love my down comforter. It's a lot warmer than any of my other comforters.

I recently bought a new down comforter from Overstock.com.. It is from a famous maker called Pacific Coast. I went to their website and they claim no geese were harmed in the taking of their down... Really?

The thing is.. the labels on the products dont say cruelty free or that down came from the USA..or anything like that.
So how do we know?

Quote:
That was one of the points of the video. There was a business owner that went out of his way to make sure his down products were not live-plucked. But, even he said it's hard to be 100% sure of that unless he visits each of the factories.

"most fabricated insulators work as well"

I hate to lift my head over the rim, but I don't know if that's entirely true. I think down garments last longer, if the grade of feathers is good and the garment is not washed incorrectly. I have a down Stephenson bag that has very high grade down. It's 40 years old, and the dupont fill bag that is used less often, and is less than half as old, looks like a very, very bad pancake, and is not warm any more.

I'm not saying to buy down garments if one doesn't want to or that this changes the cultural situation, just wondering.

For a time(probably not any more), eider duck down could only be collected from the ground, it was morbidly expensive, but at least it did not involve killing, butchering, or plucking from live animals.

Last edited:
Quote:
tongue.png

I love them...I won't give them up for anything. Addicts can't live without their crack...I can't live without my birds! Even if it does require me taking an allergy pill each time I go out. Ironically, I could carry around my geese and play with them all day without breaking out. Go figure?

Quote:
tongue.png

I love them...I won't give them up for anything. Addicts can't live without their crack...I can't live without my birds! Even if it does require me taking an allergy pill each time I go out. Ironically, I could carry around my geese and play with them all day without breaking out. Go figure?

Wow, My mom is allergic to cats and we have more than plenty of cats outside and she pets them and etc. I like them cause they kill the rats and mice everywhere!!

Back
Top Bottom