Does anyone know...

Angie n Maine,
I heard after their first molt the face gets more white. That is why it is recommended you don't show them until after their first molt. Eleanor hasn't had her first molt yet, so I don't know.

Last edited:
Hi Angie, I have 9th Generation Showgirls, which in my climate would take about 5-6 years achive had I started with Silkies & Turkens. I just hatched my first 10th Gen. babies, so far all Cuckoo and not sure about the other color, time will tell! I'm so excited to watch them hatch, it's like the best Christmas gift ever to see that little Showgirl come out and guess about the color!
Good luck with your venture, if you start from scratch keep us posted on how it goes. I was tempted to do the same thing but when I saw some F2s, I realized what a huge/long project it would be just to get good pigment much less all the other important stuff. The ones I saw were bright red which of course is because they are a work in progress... I'm too old to spend that many years trying!!
If your interested in some eggs, let me know, I might be interested in a trade of some sort. Best, Tina

Back
Top Bottom