1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

does anyone raise pheasants in ct

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by jimmythechicken, Jul 13, 2010.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Songster

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    i am looking to get a couple of young birds but dont know of anyone near us that raises them.we have abig pen with just a few peacocks in it so i want to get some pheasants.thanks jim

2. turkaholic

turkaholic Songster

Jan 2, 2010
    Maryland
    Try your local Craigslist, ask at the feed store, or place a want add. With all the young birds hatched and being raised right now, I bet you'll find a source in short order![​IMG]

3. littlemissjellyfish

littlemissjellyfish Chirping

Jun 16, 2010
    Maine
    Hey jimmythechicken!

Are you looking for pheasants for pets or to eat? I am asking because I have a young (6 weeks old) Ring Necked Pheasant. I believe it is female. She was a packing peanut in my MPC order..a surprise yes! I didn't know what kind of bird I had until a couple of weeks ago, so she has been raised with chickens. I know she needs her own aviary, but I just finished the coop and haven't had time to build it yet! I have considered rehoming her as long as she ends up as a pet and not in the freezer. I live in Maine which isn't too far from CT. I'd love to see her with other gamebirds or peafowl...I'm sure she's be much happier.

4. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Songster

Sep 10, 2008
    I'm in southern ny and have red goldens and ringnecks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: