1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone sell meat/eggs in NW Indiana, need help

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by DanIndiana, Apr 23, 2011.

1. DanIndiana

DanIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    I would love to know if you've had much success, or if there is much demand for it. I found 2 egg sellers, but not much else

2. Delmar

Delmar Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't sold eggs yet, but I am planning to. I know a couple of people here in Elkhart county that sell them for around $2/ dozen. One guy sizes them and sells small eggs for less. One lady I work with just mixes some smaller eggs in the same dozen with some larger and doesn't worry about sizing them. I sort of like that strategy. So far I only have one bird that lays eggs that are medium, the rest are large. So when we do start selling we will mostly eat the medium eggs and sell the large ones. I don't mind cracking an extra egg for breakfast.

3. justlearning

justlearning Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    We just started chickens and do plan on selling the exta eggs. I live in Valpo also.

4. TeriS

TeriS Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Ok, it's nor NW Indiana, but NE Indiana- FW area- we have 2 regular customers that buy our eggs- a few dozen each every other week or so at 2 dollars a dozen- not even really enough to break even, but it helps out a little bit! We have 11 hens that lay medium and large eggs.

5. fair weather chicken

fair weather chicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    hi, first post reply. we are in southwest lower mich. east of south haven. we have sold at a farmers market as well as to our meat bird customers. this is our second year. it has been quite interesting. lots of good people looking for good food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by