Does Anyone sell sexed silkies?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TubbyChicken, Dec 20, 2008.

1. TubbyChicken

TubbyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    I desperately want a silkie pullet (I can't have roos) but don't want to go through the trouble of brooding a few straight runs and then rehoming roos. I would gladly buy a started pullet or hen but I'm terrified of diseases. (I know that sexing isn't 100% accurate but I'd be willing to take the smaller risk for a better chance of getting a pullet)

Any advice? Or does anyone know where I can find sexed silkies?

2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
  3. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Where are you located please? :<)
    I am in the midst of rehoming some and might be able to accomodate you. I can't have roos either so know your pain.[​IMG]

4. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    I'm in Kentucky!

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I know you can't have roos, but I have some silkie cockerels who are the quietest chickens in the world. I've had only one of them crow and it was sooo quiet that it didn't sound like a crow at all.

6. TubbyChicken

Jul 30, 2008
    Kentucky
    Quote:Eventually they will crow and my neighbors won't appreciate it! I also have limited space (backyard chickens...in 2 small coops with decent sized run in between) and I was originally attracted to chooks for their eggs...

If you have a roo or cockerel that doesn't and never will crow, will go broody and lay me some eggs every now and then I'd be happy to give it a home. [​IMG][​IMG]

*sigh* If only I had some land...and lived out in the country...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  7. crazyelk

crazyelk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Kentucky
    Hey Tubby, I have some 2 1/2 month olds that you could come and take your chances on picking out a pullet. I'm live just north of lexington.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by