Does anyone show their muscovys at poultry shows?

TREX

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2013
Hi all ,I've been raising muscovies off and on for about 15 years just for myself as pets with breakfast benefits 😄. I was just wondering if anyone ever shows their birds at poultry shows? I have never really heard much about it and would like to hear from others who have. They are such a great bird to have around personality wise, and the rarer colors are especially beautiful.(I would love to have a fume in my flock!) If you have shown your birds I would love to see pics and hear about your experience with it.😀

Hi there. I have no idea if people show Muscovys but, I too think they are a wonderful duck...so much personality, and they make great mothers. Also, they are the best meat bird I've ever eaten. Good luck!

We had a member years ago who lived in CA who showed his Muscovy I wish I could remember his name it's been many years. I don't recall anyone else saying they showed.

We had a member years ago who lived in CA who showed his Muscovy I wish I could remember his name it's been many years. I don't recall anyone else saying they showed.
I had read an article from sept 2023 that silver will be an accepted color soon for muscovies. I know currently they were only doing whites chocolates blacks and blues. It would be nice to see all the colors accepted someday. I feel like it would help to get the general public a little more interested in learning more real info about them instead of just listening to the misinformation from people and agencies that see them as a pest because of the feral populations.
https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/poultry-101/new-poultry-varieties-enter-apa/

I sure agree with you there. They are wonderful ducks. It breaks my heart the way they are hated in some parts of the country. That silver is gorgeous, I just wish they wouldn't breed for the carnucles to just about cover their eyes up. That isn't the way they look in the wild population.

I agree. I dont want my drakes to basically be disabled after a certain age because of breeding for ridiculous carnucling.My current drake is 4 right now and can still see perfectly well. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom