Does anyone speak chicken?

City Farmer Jim

Songster
Mar 18, 2020
South Texas close to Corpus Christi
I have a pullet that recently has been following me more than usual..almost like she is asking me for something but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I give out most of the treats and tend to their coop, feed and water so does anyone think I have created a Pavlov's chicken ? Its not spooky or anything just out of character for her. She's not so curious to let me pick her up as I thought she might have a physical problem.

I have a pullet that recently has been following me more than usual..almost like she is asking me for something but I'll be darned if I can figure it out. I give out most of the treats and tend to their coop, feed and water so does anyone think I have created a Pavlov's chicken ? Its not spooky or anything just out of character for her. She's not so curious to let me pick her up as I thought she might have a physical problem.
It sounds like she has learned to beg. That was one of the things that surprised me about chickens. I have one in particular who is very insistent when she wants something.

Funny you should ask that. We basically have 2 flocks of 5 each the bigs are 10 months and she IS number 5 in the big girls but is telling the next 5 she is not at the bottom of the pecking order anymore. How would being at the bottom of the pecking order make her behave like this. I think it's kinda cute just out of character for her.

Back
Top Bottom