Does anyone "talk" to their birds?

When I put "talk" in quotes, I refered to chicken language, not English...
big_smile.png

Oh, yes, I do. BUt, even funnier so does DH!

This morning i heard noise outside and looked out my bedroom window. I could hear DH, but I couldn't see him. I looked around a bit and then I realized - he was IN THE COOP talking to the chickens!!
lol.png
gig.gif

To be perfectly frank he was having quite the heart to heart with our roo!
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
He was giving him what for about the condition of the coop and he wasn't doing his share......
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

"Roosters don't get a free ride here, just because you got all these women doesn't mean you can't keep this place straightened up!" There was more but as it involved his perception of the benefits the roo got from his many wives so i'll leave them for you to think up on your own...

love.gif

We talk to our turkeys in a number of ways. One is to mimic their own calls just for the fun of it or to find where they are. We have words for 'bedtime' and 'Get out of the gazebo you pooping nuisances'. We use plain English for some other conversations or instructions such as 'Leave the potting compost alone you little buggers' and Take you turn with the bananas boys'.

Who cares what the neighbours think?

I have names for mine, I talk to mine (in english, not mimicry - except to my "chatta" Wyandotte, who talks ALL day long) and quite often we come to an understanding, amazingly. Like my free roaming "bachelor" once flew into my Tolbunt pen, I kept throwing him back and told him if he can't keep himself away from those girls, I'm going to do "something" about him.

. . . . He never touched that place again.
smile.png

I love talking to them. In English and Henish. I love to pick them up and say hello, you are the cutest thing I have ever seen, you just gorgeous, I love you so much, how are you, I love you, I love you, I love you. I say goodnight to them, good morning, really everything. I love talking to them. I also like repeating what they just "said" to me. GRRRAAAAAWWKK GRAWK GRAWK GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I guess the bigger concern is what do I do if they talk back?
tongue.png

Mine love it when I try to talk their language. Some come up to me when I have treats and talk quite lively to me. I have a chair in the run and if I sit down most go away but a few come up and talk to me.

My husband has his own language for them and it cracks me up when I hear him in the morning letting them out.

I talk to my birds all the time. When I walk out the back door I do a little "bucka bucka buck!" And they come running for their treats. But now I have to be cautious, one day I was explaining to the girls about getting along and not to quarrel and saying each girls name and telling the busybody one to stop being that way or she'll never have any friends etc. when the neighbor next door said through the fence - Hi Ginny, how's it going?
hide.gif
I need more land!
lol.png

big_smile.png
...i always talk to the girls--tell them their such pretty pretty girls ,and always say each name---seems like they sing or purr back to me.....the wife thinks i'am nuts because daily i sit on a plastic pail in the coop and feed them treats by hand as i talk to them , lucy is smart enough to know i keep grapes in the shirt pocket and she always checks it out

Back
Top Bottom