1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

does anyone use egg bid?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by iajewel, Nov 13, 2008.

1. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    Does anyone use www.egbid.com? if so what luck have you had and what quality do you think is there? Im considering selling some birds on there in the spring, but don't really know anything about the sight.

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I use it occasionally. You really need to be careful what you bid on if you're going to buy though.

I really prefer to buy at a set price from other BYC'ers. I don't like auctions, I like to be able to talk to the person directly (I count BYC as directly) before I buy.

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I have used it on occasion but always make sure I ask the seller what I feel I need to know before bidding. I have had good experiences with it so far but have been very careful [​IMG]

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Ive had good experiences with it both buying and selling. I bought a very nice pair of gray calls from their 2 years ago.

Before you bid, make sure to contact the seller with any questions you might have.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I made my first purchase on there. Only 1 chick made it out of the 14 eggs then was killed by a rat. Shipping was very fast. Will be doing business on there again when I can find porcelain d'uccles.

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    There's also www.ovabid.com which is some people that "broke away" from eggbid for their own personal reasons.

Anyway, all auctions are free right now, while they are building the auction site. Number of items is down right now, since it's winter, but during the spring/summer they had loads of items on there.

HTH

7. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    My one and only experience was a bad one. I bought 7 straight run Black Copper Marans chicks. They sent me all roos. They were 6 wks old when I bought them, so it's not like they couldn't tell. On top of that a couple were sick and now the people won't e-mail me back (of course).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by