Does anyone use Kirkland Chicken Dog Food? Help!

fowlwoman1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Wenatchee, WA
:rolleyes:After dumping all the dog food into the can we keep our dog food in and throwing away the bags, I've decided to start our 4 dogs on a diet using the correct amount of dog food rather than just having it available all the time. Does anyone have a bag of food that they could give me the feeding instructions from? I have 2 big black labs (90lbs) and two smaller dogs (60 and 35 lbs). I've been looking all over the internet for such instructions and have found none such. Thank you for your help!

I dont know about the brand you are using, but most bags say between 1 1/2 - 2 cups morning and night. I feed my 100lb rottweiler Purina one and he gets 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups at night, for the smaller dogs I would say cut that in half or so.

Hope this helps?

If we fed the suggested amount on the bag, our dogs would more than likely be way over weight. The only way to feed is by watching our dogs weight like a hawk would watch a lone chicken. Are your dogs over weight, under weight, or just right now? Feed the same amount as you were feeding of their old food if they are just right in weight. A little less if they are over weight and a little more if they are under weight. WATCH, if they gain, loose or stay the same, make adjustments in the amount you feed. I feed 13 dogs and am always adjusting someones amount. The time of year makes a difference for some dogs. Some dogs are more active in the warmer months therefore needing more calories. Winter usually is a less active time of year and dogs don't need as many calories unless they are housed outside and then they may need even more calories. FAT dogs are unhealthy dogs. Manufacturers like you to buy their food and the faster your dog eats up a bag the sooner you have to buy another. If you are not sure what your dog should weight, ask your vet and go from there. Hope this helps.

th.gif
I just reread you message. Sorry, but the info I gave is very good. My bag of high quality dog food says, 90# - 3 - 3 1/2 cups per day
60# - 2 - 2 1/2 cups per day
35# - 1 1/2 - 2 cups per day
I would start out on the lower amount and adjust as needed.
If you tend to feed a lot of treats along with their food, and they gain too much weight, you might want to give less treats. Usually the food is better nutrition wise than treats. Again, hope this helps.

Just wanted to let you know I stopped at tsc today and looked at the back of a kirkland bag, it says 20-30lb: 1 1/4 cup a day and 90-100lbs: 3-31/2 cups a day, 50-60lbs: 2 cups a day.

Back
Top Bottom