Does bumble foot create corn like material??

esme13

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 22, 2014
New York
I don’t know how to explain it , so I’ll do my best at describing what was seen and what I don’t unfortunately have a photo of :(

My hen had an abscess on the bottom of her foot almost to the toe area. It was removed and cleaned up and bandaged. My DH wrapped it up after cleaning and has been doing cleanings. Today he asked me to help him. As we removed the bandages it was like a huge corn like plug had formed. He pulled it out and tossed it (hence no photo). No puss, just some bleeding and a hole from the abscess. It looks like some more hard like corn substance is really rooted inside. My DH said we should leave it and see if that to pushes up/out.

What is this yellow hard like corn ? It was basically the size of a corn too. I’m thinking bumblefoot would have puss ? In both cases no puss. And we do not have anything like that for the footings to step on. It seems like the body generated it.

The next time I’ll try to get a photo, but I was seriously grossed out by it. I’m just worried if it’s tumors or something.

I don’t know how to explain it , so I’ll do my best at describing what was seen and what I don’t unfortunately have a photo of :(

My hen had an abscess on the bottom of her foot almost to the toe area. It was removed and cleaned up and bandaged. My DH wrapped it up after cleaning and has been doing cleanings. Today he asked me to help him. As we removed the bandages it was like a huge corn like plug had formed. He pulled it out and tossed it (hence no photo). No puss, just some bleeding and a hole from the abscess. It looks like some more hard like corn substance is really rooted inside. My DH said we should leave it and see if that to pushes up/out.

What is this yellow hard like corn ? It was basically the size of a corn too. I’m thinking bumblefoot would have puss ? In both cases no puss. And we do not have anything like that for the footings to step on. It seems like the body generated it.

The next time I’ll try to get a photo, but I was seriously grossed out by it. I’m just worried if it’s tumors or something.
Yup. Thats the chamber that the staph infection walls itself off it. Kudos on getting it out! Thats the best cure. Keep it clean, vetwrap bandage for a few days.
The tiniest puncture can cause it, the staph is a normal external flora but misbehaves badly under the skin.

Thank you @ Regina Larsen and jedjackson. Thank you for sharing that information. Will fallow up with treatment. Any recommendations on how to get into the really deep area? Or would the cleanings help push it up/out?

Thank you @ Regina Larsen and jedjackson. Thank you for sharing that information. Will fallow up with treatment. Any recommendations on how to get into the really deep area? Or would the cleanings help push it up/out?
The walls of the deep area of the wound bed is essentially intact tissue. The kernal was the self-contained infection.
Flushing the open area with some dilute peroxide will be fine. I usually put some Neosporin inside the wound itself.

Back
Top Bottom