Does everyone cover their floor with Vinyl?

Have an 8 X 10 coop with Linoleum. EASY CLEAN UP. Sweep and mop once a week.... first I sprinkle DE then I put down shavings.

I got my vinyl tiles at a discount store for $8 for 30 of the 12x12 tiles. Theres only one part where I had to piece them together around a board that was for some reason attached to the middle of the floor of the shed that there is one peeled up some. Many times you can get a good deal on them or on a vinyl remnant at Lowes or Home Depot. I love it. I shovel out the most and then sweep the rest out.

I love Linoleum but for the newest coop its gonna have to be vinyl. I just got it at lowes yesterday for $12 for and 8x14. I dont have a problem with either being slick due to the straw or shavings. With Linoleum its harder and withstands much better but thanks to a huge new apartment complex they are putting up in Fairbanks lowes was out. So this will just have to do for now.

I went cheapo and just primed/painted the floor when I was doing the walls. I use deep litter, so you never see the floor anyways. When I'm tossing the shavings, there's nothing to catch on my fork (like the peel/stick tiles will). And I don't have to worry about seams lifting or water getting underneath. When I cleaned in the spring, the floor simply wiped clean. Super easy. And free since I already had the paint.

My father is a flooring contractor so I always have left-over kitchen and bathroom flooring. I know you guys are going to thing I am crazy but I put wood floors in my coop with a little pine chips on top.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom