Does everyone stress ordering chicks the first time šŸ˜±

Call the hatchery and have him call too, they'll either refund you or send 4 more out. If you get his, you can post an ad on Craigslist and find them homes or if you're up to the drive, see if the guy is willing to trade
We are 9 hours apart! He is in OH Iā€™m in CT. I put out a mesg on a local fb page. Fingers crossed

If it were me, Id pick through and choose chicks I want (if there are ones you want) and beg others to take the rest.

Iā€™m guessing mt healthy sends you a replacement if you want, if theyā€™re making more red Orpingtons, they seem to do small batches

Oh no! What a disaster! I hope his chicks are OK wherever they end up.

We've ordered chicks from a hatchery 3 or 4 times now and I stress about it every time.

Did he say if he contacted the hatchery? Did the hatchery indicate they shipped HIS order to YOU?

What a crazy mix up!
They are closed. I am sure he called. I emailed. Iā€™m praying that they just accidentally sent mine to him and that they sent me mine lol. I think I have some people lined up to take them otherwise. Frustrated bc I took time off of work to be able to go get them. They will likely not be able to ship my order til sat bc I think they only shop on wed/sat. I also have a disappointed child if theyā€™re the wrong order šŸ˜¬ Iā€™m staying positive but I thought I researched well. He said theyā€™re all healthy and look good. And I know mistakes happen.

If it were me, Id pick through and choose chicks I want (if there are ones you want) and beg others to take the rest.

Iā€™m guessing mt healthy sends you a replacement if you want, if theyā€™re making more red Orpingtons, they seem to do small batches
Unfortunately they arenā€™t what we wanted. But ya never know whatā€™ll happen. Chickens have a way into my heart. I just donā€™t have room for them.

Back
Top Bottom