Does God care if we are happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHO RULES THIS WORLD?

How could Satan have offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if he did not own them?

Jesus never doubted that Satan is the ruler of this world. In some miraculous way, Satan once showed Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.” Satan then promised Jesus: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” (Matthew 4:8, 9; Luke 4:5, 6) Think about this. Would that offer have been a temptation to Jesus if Satan was not the ruler of these kingdoms? Jesus did not deny that all these worldly governments were Satan’s. Surely, Jesus would have done that if Satan was not the power behind them.

Of course, Jehovah is the Almighty God, the Creator of the marvelous universe. (Revelation 4:11) Yet, nowhere does the Bible say that either Jehovah God or Jesus Christ is ruler of this world. In fact, Jesus specifically referred to Satan as “the ruler of this world.” (John 12:31; 14:30; 16:11) The Bible even refers to Satan the Devil as “the god of this system of things.” (2 Corinthians 4:3, 4) Regarding this opposer, or Satan, the Christian apostle John wrote: “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”—1 John 5:19

HOW SATAN’S WORLD WILL BE REMOVED

With each passing year, the world is becoming more and more dangerous. It is overrun with warring armies, dishonest politicians, hypocritical religious leaders, and hardened criminals. The world as a whole is beyond reform. The Bible reveals that the time is near when God will eliminate the wicked world during his war of Armageddon. This will make way for a righteous new world.—Revelation 16:14-16.

Jehovah God selected Jesus Christ to be Ruler of His heavenly Kingdom, or government. Long ago, the Bible foretold: “Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called . . . Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end.” (Isaiah 9:6, 7, King James Version) Regarding this government, Jesus taught his followers to pray: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” (Matthew 6:10) As we will see later in this book, God’s Kingdom will soon remove all the governments of this world, and it itself will replace all of them. (Daniel 2:44) Then God’s Kingdom will usher in an earthly paradise.

I wonder if the answer to this question lies in what makes you happen. If what makes you happy is not in line with what the powers that be want, the answer is no. If you are in alignment with the Gods, then I guess the answer is yes.

Jim

I particularly liked the analogy of the teacher and the rebel students. Very clarifying for me. I am pretty disgusted with the way Satan is running things. There is an obscene amount of pain and suffering, mentally and physically, in this life. I am looking forward to the next life where all that is over.

A missionary was working in a foreign country teaching a school for children. One of the classes was being taught and the missionary read the scripture about when Jesus comes back to earth with a shout. One of the children asked, "teacher, what will He shout?". The missionary was so taken aback by the enormity of the question he said he'd think about it and answer the question the following day. All night he prayed and pondered this question, and the next day in class he said, I believe He will come back to right all the wrongs, set the captives free and get rid of the tormentors. I believe his shout will be one word......"ENOUGH !"

IMO Only then will we be truly 'happy'. In the meantime we have to do the best we can to focus on the good things in our lives and let His joy rule our hearts. Some days that's rather difficult to do. But until he says, "ENOUGH !" I'm going to keep on trying to see the good, the beauty and the evidence of God's genius all around me.

Last edited:
Mountain Man Jim, that works for me. It's been a long journey learning from both my failures and successes. One thing is certain for me: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COINCIDENCE!

I must confess to remembering this verse last night or this morning as I do many times during the hours in between sleep and being awake.

Isaiah 51: 11 Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with SINGING unto Zion (the city of God) ; and everlasting JOY shall be upon their head: they shall obtain GLADNESS and JOY ; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

Certainly sounds like God wants us to be happy, providing redemption by His son Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Amen
smile.png

Quote:
We would probably be beat and shunned if we posted their. Although my tongue is bleeding because I bit it so hard while trying to keep quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom