Does Lowering The Incubators Temperature Kill The Male Embryos?

If You Set The Incubator's Temperature 1 Degree Lower Will It Kill All The Male Embryos?

• Total voters
There have been studies done on broiler chickens being selectively bred for particular genetic markers and then they lower the incubation temperature to make it more difficult for males to develop properly, so they are then stuck in the egg because they are malformed. I think it's kinder to sell off or even give males away free if you can't handle processing them yourself. I breed for meat, and kindness is at the top of my priority list, what is easy on you is usually hard on the bird.

There have been studies done on broiler chickens being selectively bred for particular genetic markers and then they lower the incubation temperature to make it more difficult for males to develop properly, so they are then stuck in the egg because they are malformed. I think it's kinder to sell off or even give males away free if you can't handle processing them yourself. I breed for meat, and kindness is at the top of my priority list, what is easy on you is usually hard on the bird.
Oh... I didn't know they got stuck in the egg... I thought that they just died earlier...

Oh... I didn't know they got stuck in the egg... I thought that they just died earlier...
It slows normal development and leads to a higher incidence of curled toes and longer necks with malpositioned heads, and late hatches. However, again this something that's only been studied in extremely fast growing breeds. It's possible that the outcome could be better or even worse with other breeds.

It slows normal development and leads to a higher incidence of curled toes and longer necks with malpositions heads, and late hatches. However, again this something that's only been studied in extremely fast growing breeds. It's possible that the outcome could be better or even worse with other breeds.
Okay!

Back
Top Bottom