Does membrane look ok?

CocoPopz

Songster
7 Years
Jul 10, 2013
Sheffield UK
So my chick had made an internal pop yesterday when I candled day 17 to prepare for lockdown today and this morning I’ve came to an external pip! Does this membrane look normal? Never had this before where it’s almost dried blood or somethin

Attachments

• 20D412BF-3679-4973-9858-B102DBFB25DD.jpeg
    20D412BF-3679-4973-9858-B102DBFB25DD.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 17
If it's alive I'd let it be for now. The membrane looks fine, it's not dark brown.
When chicks hatch out on their own they are more lively. If you help at this point it will do more harm than good, and they will struggle or die.
Make sure your humidity is up to 55%-65% and wait.

I’m not holding out hope, I can see blood or yellow stuff inside the shell looking from the outside, not sure if it’s virus it’s yolk sac 😭😭 I’m in bits I’ve never had this happen before, it’s probably going to die isn’t it 😭😭

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 13
It could have pipped through a blood vessel.
The good thing is that it has air to breathe.
They can withstand some blood loss. It's probably just resting right now.

It could have pipped through a blood vessel.
The good thing is that it has air to breathe.
They can withstand some blood loss. It's probably just resting right now.
I hope so it’s just I can see some yellow fluid so that’s why I’m thinking the yolk sad, looks like a massive pocket of blood. Hopefully it’ll hatch 😔

It died :( didn’t make any progress after 15 hours so I just checked with the light to see if I could see blood vessels and there was loads so I couldn’t really help at that point,popped back and hoped it would’ve hatched by morning or abrobed everything so I could of at least intervened but it died :( gutted

Back
Top Bottom