does Meyers place a hold for pickup on package?

WYOwhy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Wyoming
Please excuse my newb question:

I just ordered 25 chicks from Meyers and forgot to ask. Does anyone know if they automatically place a "hold for pickup" on their shipments or do I need to notify my post office?
Thanks.

it does not matter if the hatchery does or not, ALWAYS call your post office on the day your shipment is to LEAVE the hatchery and let the post office know to expect baby chicks in the next day or two. Ask them to call you as soon as they come in. Your going to get a call between 5 and 8 o clock in the morning probably, ask them what time their truck comes in in the AM so you have an idea of when you'll be waking up.

The postal workers are not going to want to hear screaming baby chicks who are cold and hungry. I've heard of postal people who will lock the chicks outside or in a vehicle so they don't have to hear them. So keep that in mind.
hmm.png
you never know. The sooner you get them the happier and healthier your chicks will be.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Quote:
Agreed Always let your PO know when to expect chicks to hold them, though the PO most always calls for chick orders but I even have them hold egg orders for me. I got an order of chicks in this morning from Mt Healthy and I went by tuesday to let them know to expect them but they know me by now and know to hold all my egg or chick orders and call me without me really having to tell them anymore but its always good to give them a heads up and let them know .

Thanks for the advise all! I will call my post office for sure and bring them cookies when I pick up my chicks. I'm looking forward to 25 happy peepers in my garage. Too bad I have to wait all the way to mid-March.
smile.png

Evernf, I'm in the Casper area. Nice to see some other Wyoming folks on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom