Does Murdoch's sell baby chicks?

I was at the co-op in Brighton last week, and they had just recieved a bunch of chicks. The get them from Privett. They were going fast. The lady there told me they would have them for most of the summer due to demand. I was not in the market for chicks so did not get any but they had just come in and there was a bunch of them.

Some Coloradans beleive Privett is a good choice for colorado since New Mexico is at a higher altitude than some other midwest hatcheries

Last edited:
Golden Mill gets theirs from Privett, too. I've ordered mine from Ideal and have had very few problems with their chicks. Lately, I've been buying from local breeders to get better quality birds.

Sonja

yep me too. By next year this time I hope to have a nice asst. of RIR, BLRW, Wheaton Marans, and BC Marans all of very good quality. I just got a nice group of RIR chicks that should be very very good. The exhibition birds they came from are awesome. Cant wait till this fall and next year when we start getting to see what these little guys turn out to be.

I feel the same way. I've gotten my share of eye candy this year from breeders: silver sebrights, a mille fleur d'uccle, ameraucanas, a cuckoo maran, and I'm waiting for my blue maran.

I'm going to start breeding silkies, cochins, and possbily seramas. I was lucky enough to get a pair of Hat Trick silkie chicks I'm praying are a male and female!! After a year of hatchery birds I'm ready for show quality birds, and I love hearing about local breeders.

Sonja

When does Murdochs start selling chickens? I heard they end in April. Its January 9th today and I was curious if it was too early to get chicks?

When does Murdochs start selling chickens? I heard they end in April. Its January 9th today and I was curious if it was too early to get chicks?
Don't tag on to a thread that has been dead for 9 years. You'll always get more responses if you start a new thread.
But to answer your question, if you are in the front range and willing to drive to Fort Collins, feeders supply has some 3-4 week old chicks plus the regular day olds. She places an ad most weeks on CL. Their chick days is early march I think. Murdoch's, Jax, TSC... all start getting chicks in Feb.

Back
Top Bottom