Murdoch’s Selection

Hello everyone, does anyone know of Murdochs carries Roosters? And if so which breeds they typically carry? Thank you!
I would just call your local store and ask for someone who deals with the chicks as it's probably different at each one, like TSC sometimes has different birds in different stores.

Almost all, if not all, are straight run, so once you find out which breeds and purchase straight run, you can figure 50% of the chicks you buy are roosters.

Here's from their website, their tenative schedule for getting chicks in Montana.
  • All Stores (excluding Salmon, Idaho, and Dillon, Montana): Week of February 5
  • Dillon (Montana) & College Station (Texas): Week of February 12

I would just call your local store and ask for someone who deals with the chicks as it's probably different at each one, like TSC sometimes has different birds in different stores.

Almost all, if not all, are straight run, so once you find out which breeds and purchase straight run, you can figure 50% of the chicks you buy are roosters.

Here's from their website, their tenative schedule for getting chicks in Montana.
A few years ago I bought straight run chicks from Tractor Supply and got 20. I only got one rooster! Normally when I pick up 4 chicks from Tractor Supply I get 1 rooster and 3 hens.

Thank you! I appreciate it 😊

Back
Top Bottom