Does my Hen Have Coccidiosis?

Have you ever dewormed your flock? Also, is this her usual color on her face and comb? Have you checked her vent and all around it? Opened her mouth to look for any plaques in her mouth and/or throat? What do you feed her, including treats? I know you're unable to tell which poop is hers, so do any of them look odd?
Nevermind, her vent seems clogged and her poop is wattery and yellow. Her throat has like bubbles in it but that is all I could see because she kept closing it. Also I fed her a tiny bit and gave her one gulp of water but it took her a long time to swallow it.

Also, now her toes are curled and she doesn't go outside. She barely moves. I don't think she has much time left so I want to treat her quickly. I am getting corid too.

I brought her inside but she seems really bad. She wont open her eyes unless I pick her up and move. When I force feed her and put food/water in her mouth she wont swallow. What do I do? She also has company of my bunny who is right next door in another cage.

Can you make sure that her vent is not clogged? Clean off anything blocking it, and try getting a picture of her vent. If you have Poultry Cell give her 2-3 ml orally, or other electrolytes with vitamins. Make sure they have riboflavin (vitamin B2.) Curled toes can be from a riboflavin deficiency.

Can you make sure that her vent is not clogged? Clean off anything blocking it, and try getting a picture of her vent. If you have Poultry Cell give her 2-3 ml orally, or other electrolytes with vitamins. Make sure they have riboflavin (vitamin B2.) Curled toes can be from a riboflavin deficiency.
There is like this long string of poop coming off her vent. I am afraid if I try to clean it she will resist and die because of the amount of energy used or something like that. Is that possible?I don't have poultry cell or riboflavin I can get it though.

Human B complex has riboflavin, and a few chicken vitamins may have, but check the label. The B complex dosage is 1/4 tablet daily crushed and given orally in a bit of food or in a spoonful of water.

I just wanted to make sure that her vent was clear and that she had not had a prolapse.

Back
Top Bottom