This is how fluffy she is. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_163947692_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210920_163947692_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210920_163858578_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210920_163858578_HDR.jpg
    844.2 KB · Views: 3
I have two little identical OEGB's we call the 'Twins', (Houdini and Bess). Around the time for them to start laying, Houdini's comb sprouted practically over night! It turned all bright and cherry red, and within a few days of that she started laying. The same happened to Bess about a week later. So, normally when chickens are laying (applies to older already laying hens too) their comb with be a bright red.

I have two little identical OEGB's we call the 'Twins', (Houdini and Bess). Around the time for them to start laying, Houdini's comb sprouted practically over night! It turned all bright and cherry red, and within a few days of that she started laying. The same happened to Bess about a week later. So, normally when chickens are laying (applies to older already laying hens too) their comb with be a bright red.
hers is just as red if not a bit redder than my 2 that are laying (one EE and one Salmon Faverolles) which is what had me thinking she was close. but nothing yet from her.

Ok, I think I found the right bones. Lol. If I did they seemed close together so guess she isn't as ready as I thought.

She’s super cute!! I have trouble also with mine but I check them once or twice a month now since it’s such a good indicator of their health.

Here is my guess for where you should look. Above the red line push those feathers up and the others down 😂

Attachments

• EC5D66DA-2E5C-43CA-B938-A5562D64B382.jpeg
    EC5D66DA-2E5C-43CA-B938-A5562D64B382.jpeg
    573 KB · Views: 3
She’s super cute!! I have trouble also with mine but I check them once or twice a month now since it’s such a good indicator of their health.

Here is my guess for where you should look. Above the red line push those feathers up and the others down 😂
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom