Does Spot know something I don't know? *updated pics

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
So this buff orp is a stumper for sure. I was just going to wait for an egg or a crow, but tonight Spot the mille fleur d'uccle roo had his way with her. Her mother had a red comb and wattles early on too. This one was hatched out in early February. So does Spot know something or was he just establishing dominance? He hasn't done the deed with any of the others and I'm pretty sure they are girls.

IMG_3375.jpg

What think you?

Last edited:
Do I see the beginnings of a sickle-shaped tail feather? Hmmmm... Looks suspiciously male to me.

Most roos won't breed a female until she's mature, and ready to lay an egg. That chick won't be at that stage yet, so I'm guessing the mounting is a dominance thing.

One post male, one post female. Hmmmm... so I'm going to have to wait for a crow or an egg is what we think.
smile.png

If her mother hadn't fooled me for months I would totally guess male. I mean, look at that face! But Dorito the hen (currently my best layer) was a rooster until that first egg popped out and surprised us all.

idunno.gif

Can you get a better picture, maybe from the side, so we can see his/her legs, posture, and profile? That would help (I think).

Back
Top Bottom