Does this Cuckoo Marans have a Single comb or ??

Great_Strides

Chirping
Sep 13, 2021
Wyoming
This pullet was guessed to be a Cuckoo Marans in another thread because of her leg coloring. I noticed this morning that her single comb appears to be split at the top. Is this still considered a single comb growth?

Attachments

• 03FD80C6-ED4A-411D-84D7-7BB375D9C77F.jpeg
    03FD80C6-ED4A-411D-84D7-7BB375D9C77F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
I was standing directly above her when I took pictures this morning.
This is the best side shot I have 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• 193CD15E-D3A4-490C-94FA-1E68D76858A9.png
    193CD15E-D3A4-490C-94FA-1E68D76858A9.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
I was standing directly above her when I took pictures this morning.
This is the best side shot I have 🤷‍♀️
She looks more like a Barred Rock now that I can see feet better.

It's a single comb. To me it looks like maybe she was injured when younger and this is just how it healed.

She looks more like a Barred Rock now that I can see feet better.

It's a single comb. To me it looks like maybe she was injured when younger and this is just how it healed.
Here’s another photo of her this morning where you can see her feet. She’s much more stand-offish compared to her two Barred Rock sisters. She doesn’t appear to be a leader among the group, despite being older. Although she’s coming around with treats, she still has some noticeable differences in personality. Do you think she could be a cross of some sort?

Attachments

• 2FBCA764-6760-4CCA-AB38-79F09A5EC956.jpeg
    2FBCA764-6760-4CCA-AB38-79F09A5EC956.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Here’s another photo of her this morning where you can see her feet. She’s much more stand-offish compared to her two Barred Rock sisters. She doesn’t appear to be a leader among the group, despite being older. Although she’s coming around with treats, she still has some noticeable differences in personality. Do you think she could be a cross of some sort?
It's quite possible. With the newer pics though, I feel comfortable calling her a BR.

I found them on Facebook from a local breeder. They were sold to me as Barred Rocks. I also picked up two younger Salmon Faverolles from the same place. I’m just now reading the BR are a more aggressive breed. I hope they aren’t too mean to my younger girls when I integrate them together 😢

Back
Top Bottom