Does this hen look normal?

I have a normal coop for the chickens, where the originals stay in. Then, I have a small prefab coop I used to have, before I donated it to house some quail (I cleaned it before allowjng quail in it). Thats what I always used. I place it really far away from the normal coop. I am now looking for another way of quarantine, although I do have a snake enclosure that is predator proof as well. I have used that for several sick chickens in the past. Dog crates are only good for chicks. Because chicks stay in a brooder for 6 weeks, I watch them for odd behavior and diseases. For chicks I raise, I dont deworm them yet, because they stay in the brooder most of the time. I just provide them medicated feed and electrolytes. I often dont purchase adult hens.
Ah okay thank you

I think i’m going to end up putting her in a pen that’s big enough for her in the garage
Thats okay too. just make sure to wash your hands and change your clothes after handling or feeding her. Precautions are worth it. Some diseases cause chickens to be carriers for life and can survive in a place for a lond time after that as well.

Thats okay too. just make sure to wash your hands and change your clothes after handling or feeding her. Precautions are worth it. Some diseases cause chickens to be carriers for life and can survive in a place for a lond time after that as well.
In your opinion would it be worth it to just get older chicks and kind of start from scratch?

This is what she looks like
They both look like olive eggers. I can't see the other one very well, could you get pictures of the other one? CLBs should have silver hackles. However not uncommon for hatchery lines and even some breeder lines to end up with gold. Could you get photos?

Back
Top Bottom