Does this look alive ?

He was in the incubator alone hours so I moved him into the brooder , hes dry and cute, but hes not to fussed on eating or drinking yet , Im using my finger to peck at the food and he seems to be trying but not much , i have water out with marbles ect but i did use a dropper and put it at his beak and he still wasn't bothered with water,
I have YouTube baby quail sounds on beside the incubator to try encourage the other 4 to hatch , so im really hoping atleast one does so hes not alone,
Is there anything else I should or shouldn't do 🥰
Im absolutely in love with this little guy 🥰🌞🐣 xx
It seems like he’s doing great. Looking at the photo, it seems the crumble might be a bit large for him, I put mine in the blender and make it powder for the first few days. He will probably ignore the large pieces, and only eat the tiniest ones at first. So blending it up causes less waste.

Chick 2 is out but has a huge lump of yellow coming out of him , I take it its his umbilical cord, but will it just dry up itself and fall off ? 🙈 sorry if its a silly question, i,ve never seen one this big or gooey

Attachments

• 20210118_180821.jpg
    20210118_180821.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 7
They technically dont have to eat for 24 hours cuz of thr yolk it absorbed but keep trying every so often untill ur surr he
He was in the incubator alone hours so I moved him into the brooder , hes dry and cute, but hes not to fussed on eating or drinking yet , Im using my finger to peck at the food and he seems to be trying but not much , i have water out with marbles ect but i did use a dropper and put it at his beak and he still wasn't bothered with water,
I have YouTube baby quail sounds on beside the incubator to try encourage the other 4 to hatch , so im really hoping atleast one does so hes not alone,
Is there anything else I should or shouldn't do 🥰
Im absolutely in love with this little guy 🥰🌞🐣 xx
yes
Chick 2 is out but has a huge lump of yellow coming out of him , I take it its his umbilical cord, but will it just dry up itself and fall off ? 🙈 sorry if its a silly question, i,ve never seen one this big or gooey
Leave it for a couple days it drys up and falls off for one after 2-3 days i held it and he ran and it was dry enough and came off

They are button quail chicks i was advised they need food and water earlier than hen chicks , as far as i can remember 🙈
They are both in the brooder together now and seem more content , his umbilical cord came away its only a small bit remaining now thankfully so think it will just dry up and fall off eventually, Thank you for your help ❤🐣

Attachments

• 20210118_193755.jpg
    20210118_193755.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 4
yes it happened my last eggs , only one bantam chick hatched and im convinced it died of loneliness, he loved YouTube sounds of other chicks and a mirror but definitely nothing better than a real friend,
this little one was calling out all day and now we put the other one out .. he calls out and the other one moves really fast and they meet and snuggle and drop down together like their dead lol i,ve had a few mini heart attacks today but they just sleep then back up run around, then fall in their stand lol x

They are button quail chicks i was advised they need food and water earlier than hen chicks , as far as i can remember 🙈
They are both in the brooder together now and seem more content , his umbilical cord came away its only a small bit remaining now thankfully so think it will just dry up and fall off eventually, Thank you for your help ❤🐣
Like i said keep at it :wee

Oh btw did they say how long ur shipping of the book will take ?

Back
Top Bottom