Chandlerharris

Songster
Jan 17, 2021
Thanks!

Attachments

• 3811707A-D427-4AF2-A94E-7A0F9AFB05E8.jpeg
    3811707A-D427-4AF2-A94E-7A0F9AFB05E8.jpeg
    645.2 KB · Views: 8
Possibly, yes. How old are the birds and how are they acting?
Treatment is usually Corid, 1.5 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Make fresh daily and it should be the only water available.

Possibly, yes. How old are the birds and how are they acting?
Treatment is usually Corid, 1.5 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Make fresh daily and it should be the only water available.
I have a very wide age range of birds but the stool is small so I’m guessing my 8 week chicks. Everyone is seemingly fine and I did just finish a treatment a few weeks ago. Wondering if I should do it again.

Treatment won't hurt anything. Did you treat all birds before, or only some? Usually birds that are exposed and recover have some immunity, unless a new strain is brought in. If it's not blood, but intestinal shed then worms could be a factor. Do you have a vet that will run a fecal for you? You can also use a mail in option like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Reptiles-Rab...1622646932&rdc=1&sprefix=fecal,aps,228&sr=8-5

Treatment won't hurt anything. Did you treat all birds before, or only some? Usually birds that are exposed and recover have some immunity, unless a new strain is brought in. If it's not blood, but intestinal shed then worms could be a factor. Do you have a vet that will run a fecal for you? You can also use a mail in option like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Reptiles-Rabbits-Turtles-Collect-Sample/dp/B000J5SOZ4/ref=sr_1_5?crid=EFOZLTAYQWFI&dchild=1&keywords=fecal+test+kit+for+pets&qid=1622646932&rdc=1&sprefix=fecal,aps,228&sr=8-5
I treated everyone but may have done it a day or two shorter than I should have. The smaller chicks do generally stay in their own run but they’re both attached to one big coop they all share. No one new has been introduced. I have Corid on hand so I may just treat in case and send off a fecal for worms as well.

Back
Top Bottom