Does this look like Marek's? 5 of her sister's died of Mareks.

I mix the powder with their layer feed and these and other treats they get every other day or so. They also have oyster shell.

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_114655257.jpg
    IMG_20230208_114655257.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230208_114740008.jpg
    IMG_20230208_114740008.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230208_114839262.jpg
    IMG_20230208_114839262.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 1
I mix the powder with their layer feed and these and other treats they get every other day or so. They also have oyster shell.
I have an appointment for 4 pm today at our Vet. Hopefully we will not have to euthanize this one. The last one died in the Vet's waiting room.
I have a concern about my 1 hen left in the chicken coop. Should I put a heating plate in the coop since she is alone now? It will be getting down to 17 degrees. It has been much colder but she wasn't alone. Thanks for all the support.

I have an appointment for 4 pm today at our Vet. Hopefully we will not have to euthanize this one. The last one died in the Vet's waiting room.
I have a concern about my 1 hen left in the chicken coop. Should I put a heating plate in the coop since she is alone now? It will be getting down to 17 degrees. It has been much colder but she wasn't alone. Thanks for all the support.
Awe I’m so sorry. I’m glad you’re taking her to the vet! Hopefully it’s an easy fix and not fist signs of Marek’s in her! 🙏🏼

If she’s fully feathered I wouldn’t worry about her being in that temperature. I had a cockerel I had to separate this winter and he was in a coop by himself in even lower temps. He was totally fine!

Awe I’m so sorry. I’m glad you’re taking her to the vet! Hopefully it’s an easy fix and not fist signs of Marek’s in her! 🙏🏼

If she’s fully feathered I wouldn’t worry about her being in that temperature. I had a cockerel I had to separate this winter and he was in a coop by himself in even lower temps. He was totally fine!
Thanks that makes me feel better about our last chicken. The sick one had passed when I went to get her to take to her appointment a few minutes ago.

Back
Top Bottom