Does this mean he's a cockerel?

Malibu99

Crowing
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Hi there, I started a thread about my chicken awhile back. Someone said Lily has a hen like posture, so I'm a little unsure. Today I saw Lily do the "Jump Up In Air With Chest Puffed Out" move on one of my pullets. Kind of like this (this is not my roo):

I am pretty sure he's a cockerel, as many people on BYC told me, so my question is do pullets do this too? Thanks. :)

My hens engage in vicious girlfighting, including pecking, puffing of feathers, running full speed into each other, stepping on others' heads, chasing, bullying, goosing others' rear ends, and name calling (I'm pretty sure). It's not necessarily an indication of gender.

my one chicken Bisquick (she's a girl for sure) pecks Junior really hard cause Junior is like the lowest any chicken can get in my flock of four and Bisquick is the highest and leader of the flock. But sometimes Bisquick really pecks her and she chases after her and stuff and she really grabs her comb. I'm trying to stop this, but can't really. Junior is awfully frightened of Bisquick. It's so sad. :'( I feel bad for Junior cause she has little scabs all over her comb. So yea.

My hens engage in vicious girlfighting, including pecking, puffing of feathers, running full speed into each other, stepping on others' heads, chasing, bullying, goosing others' rear ends, and name calling (I'm pretty sure). It's not necessarily an indication of gender.
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom