Does THIS mean we have too many chickens ?!-----The "skinny" revealed.

Most of them sound like they are recent hatches and still to young to lay.
The last 7 were just born a month ago.
Hmmmm..... all this speculation, I think Jim is deliberately letting us guess now.
wink.png

Hi, please post on craigslist list under free. Folks would travel for such eggs!

Really.....or feed them back to your chickens if too old for human consumption...save feed bill..

Boil, cool and then blenderize.....voila!

Keep shell in blender - no oyster shell ....Wish I had this problems!!!

Guys,
Jim and Janet are decent people, they sell at the farmer's market, they are in no way going to waste.
I feel bad that people are just making things up.
Read the whole thread and look at how something just got totally made up. Now rumor has it they are going to waste and should be given away to less fortunate people.
By the way, that is not their basement, its his kitchen.
There isn't a bunch of eggs sitting in his basement going to waste.
I doubt they are in any hurry now to answer this thread.

Thank you Simple Life I wanted to say something but I don't know them personally. No one would have that many eggs and let them go to waste.

Last edited:
Not all of those eggs are from our girls.I have a friend that is a local chicken farmer.He has been so busy lately that he doesn't have the time to be at the farm to sell his eggs. In fact, recently, he hasn't had any customers coming to him for eggs. I go to his farm and collect his eggs and i then sell them from here and or at the local farmers market. Those 399 eggs were a combination of 2.5 weeks of his girls laying and a week er so of ours.( mostly his)
Here is what Janet and I do with them.
At the market we sell jumbos for $2.50 and larges for $2.00. Here at home,and at the market, any Veterans that come to us for eggs pay NOTHING. I pay him $1.00 a dozen for his eggs. IF i sell them.( his policy) We encounter folks here that are in need and they pay nothing for eggs.
Janet and I regularly give away from our garden and chickens more than we sell. God gave this stuff to us and it is up to us to share what He provides us with. We decided to only sell enough eggs to buy feed for our girls when we need it and to sell only enough from our garden to buy what supplies we need for IT for the next season. Nothing goes into our pockets or into anything personal for ourselves.
So far this has been working out for us to keep our garden and our chickens self sufficient. And, as long as we contine to go about this in GODs' way, it will continue to work out that way.
Now, i'm goin to take a small bit o' time here to go and respond individualy to some of the responses to my original post and i then have to git back to cuttin and splittin mass quantities o' firewood and cannin maters,beets,peppers,etc,etc.
GOD has truely been blessing us with a bountifull harvest this year. And as for the very high cost o' heating oil that we can't afford this year,well, there's presently no shortage of fallen trees for firewood. I'm over a half dozen cord so far and still cutting. Should be 'nough o' that to share also.
love.gif

Jim

Back
Top Bottom