Does this pip look strange to anyone?

jfays

Songster
6 Years
Apr 4, 2015
ct
My camera takes low quality photos but this pip seems off to me. She started about an hour and 1/2 ago and no movement. The pip hole looks strange, like she's trying to zip but can't. It also seems low down

really looking for any advice here. i can see her/his beak sticking out and hear him/her peeping but it almost seems like he/her can't zip

I'm no expert, but I agree it does look low. How long has it been since the pip appeared? Just because it is low does not mean anything bad will necessarily happen. Is it peeping?

it's not so much the lowness of it but rater the hole. she did it at about 8 pm and it's 10:30 and there has been nothing new. i don;t think she can zip, her beak is sticking out and shes peeping

Sorry, You said you can hear peeping and it started an hour and a half ago plus that was about another hour ago, still like less than 3 hrs? It may just need more time.

hopefully! the strange hole is what's worrying me but i'll give her some more time

It's fine, most pip a day before actually hatching. it does look a little low but not to unusual. Someone will call me a liar but years ago had a Bobwhite hatch out of the small end lol

Back
Top Bottom