Does this sound like a snake??

We don't have any poisonous snakes here, but I understand your fear. This is the year of the snake for me. Last summer, there were a few (well, maybe more than a few!) garter snakes living among the leaf bags in the sheet compost area. Yesterday, the dog was having a hissy fit about one she found. A few minutes later, the chickens were having a business meeting about what to do with the huge garter snake that was slithering around in their run. I've also seen 2 smaller snakes so far this season. I like my snakes, as long as I don't get surprised and almost step on one.

As for missing eggs, any predator could be to blame. Game camera would be a good idea.

I'm up here in Wisconsin. I get crazy too after seeing a snake, every twig, garden hose, piece of bark, they are all potential snakes to me than. :barnie It's a horrible way to spend your summer. :lau
I've never been to Wisconsin... the only thing I even know about it is that you guys have good cheese. Lol! I used to work with a guy from Wisconsin and I loved his accent... which im sure he loved ours too ;) he used to work in a cheese factory there. He would go home and bring some back occasionally. :yesss:

:lau "it's a horrible way to spend your summer "

I don't mind the garter, or the black snakes... but I don't know if we had that many around if I could keep my cool. :oops: I already cringe every time my 3 year old brings in worms. I dont mind if i actually pull them out of thr ground, but i hate seeing them squirm in his hands. He loves them:rolleyes:. And most recently, HUGE dog ticks. I would prefer worms over ticks.

I can't go a day without having some cheese. Hubby says it's an "American thing." We put cheese on everything. I don't think cheese is quite as popular or necessary in some other countries!
We do too.. we might quite possibly keep sams club in business with our cheese problem. :oops:Now I'm resisting the urge to go eat the half a block in the fridge..... yum :plbb

I can't go a day without having some cheese. Hubby says it's an "American thing." We put cheese on everything. I don't think cheese is quite as popular or necessary in some other countries!
We do too.. we might quite possibly keep sams club in business with our cheese problem. :oops:Now I'm resisting the urge to go eat the half a block in the fridge..... yum :plbb

Come to Wisconsin. We have cheese factories where hundreds of different cheeses are sold and made. Colby cheese was created in Colby Wisconsin. I could swim in the vats they make cheese curds in. Such wonderful cheese here. I have a cheese problem. :)

Back
Top Bottom