Does this sound like wheezing?

Goldsgirl9

Chirping
Jul 19, 2020
Totally chicken newb here! My Marans are 13 weeks old and the one sitting down was making a clicking sound tonight. She is the only one making it. I tried to upload video but can’t :(.

Does she need to go to a vet or is something I can treat with meds from feed store? I’m assuming I need to treat to the entire flock if it is.

Clicking can be a sign of a respiratory problem. I had a young chick with a leaking air sac on one side of her chest from trauma and who had a click with each breath. Videos can be uploaded to YouTube with a link posted here. Is she able to eat and drink? I will check back in the morning.

Clicking can be a sign of a respiratory problem. I had a young chick with a leaking air sac on one side of her chest from trauma and who had a click with each breath. Videos can be uploaded to YouTube with a link posted here. Is she able to eat and drink? I will check back in the morning.

seems to be eating and drinking fine. Doesn’t seem to be falling behind the others. Here is the link. In the morning I will take a pic of her too. Definitely no discharge from eyes, nose, mouth as of tonight.

Back
Top Bottom