Does this wound look like it is healing okay?

im not sure what would work better as i havent used the neosporin before ive always used betadine and it has always helped. but im sure they would be both okay either one. just to stop the infection. i was worried more about the flys in the opened wound but im not sure what season they are in haha!
I have her inside for now, so no flies are on it.

how is your hen today ?

Thanks for asking. The wound seems to be shrinking. It is just that weird lump with a bluish hue that is still there. I neglected to get pictures today. I will take some tomorrow. The other hen seems to have some blood under the skin and is very sensitive at her tail. Her wounds don't seem to be open. She sneezed a couple of times tonight. I have them in a cage inside. It is not big but it is wire. I hope something isn't effecting her in the cage.

Thanks for asking. The wound seems to be shrinking. It is just that weird lump with a bluish hue that is still there. I neglected to get pictures today. I will take some tomorrow. The other hen seems to have some blood under the skin and is very sensitive at her tail. Her wounds don't seem to be open. She sneezed a couple of times tonight. I have them in a cage inside. It is not big but it is wire. I hope something isn't effecting her in the cage.
Trim the feathers away from that bluish looking area so you can get better photos.
Also some photos of the other hen that is injured too.

well that sounds good except the 'blue hue' as you call it. looks like a vein or something it doesn't look like its skin. yeah some updated photos would be good too if you could get some.

well that sounds good except the 'blue hue' as you call it. looks like a vein or something it doesn't look like its skin. yeah some updated photos would be good too if you could get some.
Here are the latest photos. I am still concerned about that gland.

Attachments

• IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 5
Here are the latest photos. I am still concerned about that gland.

Thanks for the photos!
The gland looks unaffected by me.
The purple that you were concerned about earlier in the thread is likely just discoloration or bruising. It takes time to heal.
Just continue to tend to the wound and monitor for infection like you've been doing.

1603994734685.png

Keep putting triple antibiotic (neosporin) on it. I like to use Betadine solution initially, to rinse out the wound, since it can get into the nooks, and crannies easily, then when dry, apply the antibiotic ointment. After the first time, I just use the antibiotic ointment. I do cover it loosely with a telfa type nonstick pad, and vet wrap, or tape to help keep the dirt out, and keep it moist.

Thanks for the photos!
The gland looks unaffected by me.
The purple that you were concerned about earlier in the thread is likely just discoloration or bruising. It takes time to heal.
Just continue to tend to the wound and monitor for infection like you've been doing.

View attachment 2391745
Thank you!
The lump is firm and seems filled with liquid. It doesn't just seem like skin.

Back
Top Bottom