Does your 'tude change with the seasons?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Fall-ish weather arrived here in SW Arkansas yesterday. We went suddenly from 100* F temps. down to the 80s; from not a thing stirring but the grasshoppers to kite flying weather.

Just as quickly as the season changed, so did my attitude and general mood. I went from a hyper, agitated mood to a quieter, melancholy mood. Yes I do have SAD (seasonal affective disorder) but this is different. It seems the older I get the more autumn affects me.

Anyone else feel a pause, a winding down when autumn arrives?

I have a 'tude change with each change of the seasons but not really like you describe. I am so glad to see fall when it comes~my favorite season, anticipate winter with it's great holidays and pretty snows, can't wait for and am overjoyed to see spring when it arrives as it gives my heart and mind a lift and summer only means ripened veggies to me, as I'm not real big on hot weather.

Does my 'tude change with the seasons? No, not really. It's pretty abrasive, regardless of the weather.

rant.gif
old.gif
duc.gif

I've noticed that I'm a lot grumpier in late summer and early fall, but I'm generally happy throughout the year.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

That said my tude does change a bit. If it is before June 1 I am freezing to death and grumpy about it. If it is after June 1 I am roasting to death and grumpy about it. lol

As fall arrives I find that I am looking to spring. I am not a fan of winter driving. We too had a massive change rather abruptly. We were 100 degrees just a few days ago and now the forecast is for low 80's and mid 70's.

This May was cold and June was hot, go figure.

Yes, I react to the seasons as well. I love spring. My energy increases and I feel good. The older I get the less I can tolerate the hot weather and this summer was a hot one. Highs in the 90's with high humidity. I think it was the humidity more than the heat but I really didn't do alot this summer. Stayed in out of the heat. I didn't have a lot of energy as the heat just zapped me. I work in ac and I hate it. Makes the heat so much worse when you have to come out in it. I love fall as well. Usually feel good and energtic. I get a nastalgic, homey feeling. I love to bake and cook, curl up with a good book with a cup of tea! OH Yeah!! I love the cooler temps, the nice crisp morns, the smell of wood smoke, good jacket weather. In winter, I just want to hibernate! Shorter days and cold temps, not to my liking much. I love snow around Christmas, but after that it can go! Sometimes though, I don't mind a good snow storm where everything stops and DH is home. We had an ice storm about 5-6 yrs ago. We were out of electric for about 5-6 days. It was sooo fun! We heat with wood, so my DD's and their families (they live close) came here to stay as they heat with elec. We cooked on the gas grill. DH had a generator so we could hook up tv, we could shower, used my large elec. roaster! We played games, It was soo much fun and we have such fun memories! That's about all I like about winter! And today, I'm almost inbetween fall and winter as it is only 63 here! Cloudy & rainy! Saturday it was a record high of 100 with high humidity!!! I'm wanting to curl up with my blankie today and sleep!!
smile.png

Children, wait until you reach the autumn (maybe early winter) of your life.
old.gif
The heat of summer wears me out and tears me down. For me spring and autumn are rejuvenating. While I was working (left home in the dark, worked inside, and came home in the dark) SAD was my companion during the winter. Now that I can get outside daily there are few behavioral/attitude changes. Princess says that I am moody and grouchy all the time.
rant.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
Where the heck does she come up with that??????

I am always more mellow and feel peaceful/content in fall...
Come winter i am Blah and lazy lazy lazy.. i basically hibernate.
lol.png

Spring i wake up and get motivated to do stuff outside...
Summer.. the same as spring. (unless it gets too hot outside..then i get pissy and hibernate inside with the AC on full blast..)

Last edited:
If I didn't have to get out in the weather and go to work, the seasons wouldn't affect me at all except for in pleasant ways.....
love.gif

We are having the rains from the hurricanes right now and we really needed them all summer, so I was just thinking how nice it is to have rainy days on my days off....love, love, love a rainy day when I can stay at home, snuggle up to BYC or a good book and just veg out.
smile.png
If I had to go to work in this, I'd be grumpy all day!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom