Doesn't this make you angry?

PetesMom

Songster
7 Years
Mar 28, 2012
Columbia County, NY
It sure makes me! Atleast these guys were smart and put them on CL....

If they email me back I'm going to go get them I think

Here's the ad:

"my son had received two baby ducks for Easter & was told we can set free after two months..we did a lot of researching and It's dangerous for us to set them free because they are use to humans..our house is to small so I am now looking for a caring individual to take on these two beautiful sweet ducks..one doesn't walk right since we received him and no vets around here take ducks..so please only serious people apply..any other questions please ask..."

I've seen alot of ads like this on cl......proves that Easter Ducklings are not a good idea...unless of course the people actually want and have the space and time for them.

That's unfortunate, but at least they're being honest - and, I have to give them credit for at the VERY LEAST doing some research & finding out that they cannot just let them go. Sigh. Sad to be sure.

its a sad thing this

i really wanted ducks and my ducks didnt hatch

but atleast the seller is being honest about it and wants them to go to a good home

That's unfortunate, but at least they're being honest - and, I have to give them credit for at the VERY LEAST doing some research & finding out that they cannot just let them go. Sigh. Sad to be sure.

Agreed.
thumbsup.gif

What ticks me off is that sellers certainly know better and continue to offer the poor things as Easter pets for kids. I'm kind of glad that the feed store insists on selling no less than 6 at a time--kind of discourages the folks looking for 'just one for junior/precious'. Years ago just a couple weeks after easter, our coyote-dog cross (NO, we did NOT deliverately cross her--she wandered up starved herself adn we later figured out her parentage) killed an obviously starved domestic rabbit running loose. Poor thing was so obviously a victim of the Easter pet trade that it still makes me mad.

Ever since I found out about peopel getting christmas time pets, birthday pets, holiday pets in general are just bad ideas, yes they give the seller a quick money exchange but the poor animals will most likely not keep that home, be abandoned and let for dead. Thats why im still holding onto alot of my ducks because I personally dont want to see any animal i choose to incubate and take care of for someone else to neglect them. Things like this irk me to the bone.
barnie.gif

Well, I'm going to get these two tomorrow. Apparently one of them cannot walk. I'm thinking Niacin deficiency as she sounds alot like Ling. But these ducklings are now 8 weeks old. I'm going to do all I can but this one probably won't ever walk again. Driving the 2 hours in the morning to get them. Guess Ling will now have a roomie

I need to stay off of CL from now on lmao I simply cannot say no after they send pics
idunno.gif
Just can't do it.....expecially once she told me the one couldn't walk.

Back
Top Bottom