Dog accidentally ingested Flubenvet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by drmick, Sep 23, 2013.

  1. drmick

    drmick New Egg

    1
    0
    7
    Sep 23, 2013
    My dog (an adult long-haired retriever) has just ingested about 1.5kg of growers pellets with Flubenvet added (just under 2g). Is there any risk to him?
     
  2. Kelsie2290

    Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

    36,684
    4,699
    566
    Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    1 person likes this.
  3. Chickery Chick

    Chickery Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

    159
    13
    71
    Jul 27, 2013
    ALWAYS keep Hydrogen Peroxide around for inducing vomiting for dogs. Hold head upwardly and squirt in mouth, wait 3-5min, if no vomiting, do it again, repeat... For a large dog of 75 lbs I use about 1/2 cup each time until they vomit. If they just ate food, it will take more as it gets absorbed.
    Ingesting tampons, wash rag/towel, toys, or even if you suspect they ate meds, this is safe and effective. Knowing this trick will save you 100's of dollars in emergency vet calls and may even save your dog's life. I've probably had to do this 10 times over the course of 20 years of dog ownership and it worked every time. Just had a friend's doberman die from ingesting a wash rag and they did not induce vomit. The threads from the cloth tangled in her intestines and even with surgery to try to remove, she died of infection. If your dog ate something sharp such as tooth pics or bones, you'll need to go to the Vet and remove manually.

    It does not seem to appear what your dog ate this time will kill him but next time something similar like this happens you'll know what to do.
     
  4. MelissaTXRn

    MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

    703
    33
    118
    Jun 3, 2013
    I bet it will e fine.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by