Dog attack 1 week in and starting to worry

I have called vets around here and no one sees chickens!!? It's crazy...I live in the semi country so I would think they would all! The baytril seems to be working though! The wound is closed up and no more putrid smell. I'm on the 5th day and have 5 days left.

As for hearing wheezing...I kind of do here is some times!! Not always but every once in a while :((( Oh man I am so worried I screwed her up worse :(

She has started to poke her head in her red feeder...but wont actually pick anything up since her mouth stays open. And then she does this odd stretching of her neck. Stretching out and up, out and up....in between sticking her beak in the food.

Ugh poor little Bockies :(
How old is she? Not sure what you mean by her "mouth stays open",is her beak cracked,or possible jaw fracture? How does she eat if her mouth stay open?

She doesn't eat...she wants too....but I am feeding her myself. Not sure how much longer I can feed her/keep her in my kitchen. She is getting a teensy tiny bit every day so hoping shes just taking her sweet time after the trauma.

I just bought some gerber baby cereal and mixed it with electrolites and she didn't fuss like she usually does when I feed her. Either she thinks it's tasty or she is just in no mood for a fight after the bath I just gave her...

I opened her mouth to see if I can see anything lodged...nothing that I can see!

I still feel if you can get the whole dose of antibiotic in her that's a higher priority than food. If she's weak because of septicaemia that would help. Perhaps you could mix the crushed tablet with some Gatorade to get her some glucose?

Yes, I mix it with some liquid electrolites I got at our local feed store!

If that has glucose in it too, I think you're doing all you can food and medicine wise. What you can't do anything about is if her kidneys or liver have packed up due to shock ( from infection or the trauma itself).

Back
Top Bottom