DOG ATTACK NECK EXPOSED! HELP! PICTURES!

Update:
1: yes we can get raw honey at feed store. I'll do that today if you don't think Nelda's wound is to "invasive" to put sticky honey all over? How does it wash off for salibe soaks and daily treatments? I cant get the water too hot as her skin is gone and even slightly hot water would burn her easily.
2: I read on several different posts that the triple antibiotic with pain relief was okay for my chicken and I've read the opposite information on other posts! Anyone know why some are saying it's okay and some are saying it's a "no-no"? The ointment I used doesn't have any active ingredient with the suffix of "-caine" listed. Since it was all I had on habd, I went for it.
3. Nelda slept wrapped in a towel all of the night. She awoke everytime I went in to check on her. She is alert and awake today and kind of talking to me.
4. I'm not sure when to re-wash her wound... any help there? Im keeping her warm and dry as much as possible....I'm worried about wetting the wound too much and an infection setting in because it gets irritated or over exposed to water and my ER efforts!

UPDATES: Nelda is doing well...all things considered. She had even layed us several eggs. She takes diluted salt soaks and I apply antibiotic ointment afterwards. She sleeps a lot and will only eat from my hand. The skinless back and neck have some dark spots on them... they look like mold to me.. im not sure what that means. I will try to snap some pictures for you today. She has no oozing or bleeding and is not pecking at her wounds or anything. She's perky (at times) and jumps up on the edge of her large crate to roost and watch me at the stove or computer here in the kitchen. She's still her nosey self. Which is refreshing to see. Any encouragement or comments or suggestions on the nee photos or otherwise is appreciated and welcomed! Thank you for befriending Nelda and I and helping us so quickly in our state of emergency last week my new Backyard Chicken Family!!

Ok. I have a video and I want to post pictures. If anyone has any idea how to help me take care of the darkening spots.. please let me know. I will not let her die a slow painful death. Although she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. She loves her daily soaks... and doesn't seem to mind when we put medicine on her and tend to her open wound. Don't know if I should cover it somehow or what?
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom