Dog attack, what can I do?

ashleyip

Hatching
Jun 6, 2015
So unfortunately the neighbor lab got to 2 of my girls this morning, one is dead
1f494.png
The other is still breathing with no visible wounds. I picked her up, brought her inside, he is breathing regularly but she can't really stand. She is wrapped ina towel for now and I am trying to give her water. Is there anything I should do??? I don't want her to suffer, but I don't know how bad her internal injuries are. Thanks for any help!

So unfortunately the neighbor lab got to 2 of my girls this morning, one is dead
1f494.png
The other is still breathing with no visible wounds. I picked her up, brought her inside, he is breathing regularly but she can't really stand. She is wrapped ina towel for now and I am trying to give her water. Is there anything I should do??? I don't want her to suffer, but I don't know how bad her internal injuries are. Thanks for any help!

Give the hurt one some time and decide----it might be more in shock. You do not have to try and force water and feed----it doesn't need it right now. Offer it as a choice. The neighbor would be talked to and pay for the chickens if it came to your property and killed/hurt them. If the chickens went to its property---then you need fix your pens/set-up so that want happen anymore. We all like to free-range as much as we can but for many years I could rarely free range---only late in the evenings when I knew I was going to be there with them till they went back to the coop close dark. Good Luck

I'd put electrolites in her water, which will help with hydration and shock.
She is probably in shock. Keep her in a warm place, low light, and give her some time to recover.
It's possible she could have internal injuries, if not then she should recover with time.

How long can she go without eating? She hardly will drink anything either, unless I really almost gently force her.... she layed and egg yesterday which was strange but she can move a little but can't walk. I just don't know what to do for her

Back
Top Bottom