Dog attack

I hope she continues to gain strength and completely recovers quickly. We've had several Chihuahuas and I can see where one could damage a chicken. One we had barked a lot so one day I sprayed her from a water bottle I had in my hand...she jumped up about three feet and bit my hand! She weighed four pounds, so she was tiny, but apparently she didn't know she couldn't jump that high.

You are so right about Chihuahuas. I am glad they aren't bigger. There would be no more terrifying creature on earth. I've been bitten by more Chis than I can count. Fortunately, most of them have terrible (or no) teeth, so no worries.

For anyone who is in a similar situation, my dog-attacked hen is doing so much better today, two days after the attack. She's still walking gingerly , but she's eating and drinking and seems much better. This has been a good learning experience for me about chickens and large skin wounds.

Glad to hear it! :wee

4 years in animal control, and the only dog that manage to take a chunk out of me was a chihuahua. :barnie

4 years in animal control, and the only dog that manage to take a chunk out of me was a chihuahua. :barnie

Naturally, the little demon dogs. :lol:
The only chi I've ever met who was actually a REALLY good dig is my aunt's dog. She was raised with a rottweiler, and she went through obedience school 4 times. She was totally worth it. :th

Not quite 2 weeks later and I can't even tell which chicken it was. The skin tear was complete, when I lifted the skin, I could see meat and fat. I thought it was a very serious injury.
Chickens are tough!

Not quite 2 weeks later and I can't even tell which chicken it was. The skin tear was complete, when I lifted the skin, I could see meat and fat. I thought it was a very serious injury.
Chickens are tough!
Awesome! :celebrate Glad she's okay!

Back
Top Bottom