Dog Attack

JuliaandtheHens

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2021
Hello! I hope you all have had a great summer! Recently, our small dog attacked one of our hens, breaking her leg and giving her a few minor scrapes. I set the leg, added a splint, etc. However, after the encounter, she continues to pant. She has water with her and it is not particularly hot, so is it possible that this is caused by internal damage? Or is she just stressed?
Thanks and Best Wishes,
Julia

Hello! I hope you all have had a great summer! Recently, our small dog attacked one of our hens, breaking her leg and giving her a few minor scrapes. I set the leg, added a splint, etc. However, after the encounter, she continues to pant. She has water with her and it is not particularly hot, so is it possible that this is caused by internal damage? Or is she just stressed?
Thanks and Best Wishes,
Julia
Hi Julia, how is your hen doing? I imagine the painting would be due to stress and shock, but anything is possible.

Thanks and Best Wishes,
Julia
Poor little buddy. Could be pain?! Her little leg was broken. Hopefully shes eating and drinking and is fully recovered soon! 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom