Egg bound chicken?

Samantha23

Hatching
May 11, 2024
Hello. I have a red sexlink who is acting a little off today. She is separating her self from the others. She is still eatting snacks, has a very poop bum and has her tail pointing down. We are given her an Epson salt bath but I am reading it could be something she ate. Any help would be great. Thanks 😊

Give her a tablet of calcium citrate with vitamin d or a Tums orally into her beak to swallow. Take her out of the bath and dry her. Place her on a warm towel in a warm room to rest. Offer some water and food to drink. Let us know if she lays the egg with the calcium.

Give her a tablet of calcium citrate with vitamin d or a Tums orally into her beak to swallow. Take her out of the bath and dry her. Place her on a warm towel in a warm room to rest. Offer some water and food to drink. Let us know if she lays the egg with the calcium.
We think she was constipated. Something big came out and it wasn't anything egg related. My husband saw it and said it was very much pop related. He said after it came put she looked better

Attachments

• 20240512_100839.jpg
    20240512_100839.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
I wonder if that is a lash egg. If you still have it, can you see if it is hard and yellow inside? Maybe try to cut it with something like a plastic knife? If it is, it could indicate an internal infection of some kind.

I wonder if that is a lash egg. If you still have it, can you see if it is hard and yellow inside? Maybe try to cut it with something like a plastic knife? If it is, it could indicate an internal infection of some kind.
No yellow. It almost looks like she ate too much grass or something. They are free range and enjoy eatting my hosts. I didn't know we had so many as we are new to the property and everything is coming up now

Generally chickens won't eat toxic vegetation. They do eat stupid things that are unnatural, like screws and styrofoam. Also watch out for oil drips etc. from farm machinery; if they graze on vegetation under farm implements they can get into serious trouble.

Back
Top Bottom