Dog Attack

Update: Ash is doing amazing and she is growing tiny tail feathers back! The only problem is that those dogs are still there, and their throwing themselves against the fence and they are only going to get twice as big. Half my family has PTSD but they still won't get rid of the dogs.
I'm glad to hear she's doing well!

Do you have animal control in your area? If so, then see if they can help you with the dog issue.

Otherwise, consider installing electric fencing around your coop/run or fence, this may help solve the issue.

I'm sorry they keep coming back.

I'm glad to hear she's doing well!

Do you have animal control in your area? If so, then see if they can help you with the dog issue.

Otherwise, consider installing electric fencing around your coop/run or fence, this may help solve the issue.

I'm sorry they keep coming back.
I think we do. My dad says he wants to shoot them if they get out again. My neighbor just got three bulls and those dogs also attacked their horses. Three neighbors have little dogs too, and their owner has kids over sometimes.

This is not going to end well.

I think we do. My dad says he wants to shoot them if they get out again. My neighbor just got three bulls and those dogs also attacked their horses. Three neighbors have little dogs too, and their owner has kids over sometimes.

This is not going to end well.
If possible, record the dogs in action and call your local animal control. You should be able to contact your county/city or look up their website to see what services are available.

Here, Animal Control falls under the county Sherriff's office. Regardless, you need to record or take photos of the dogs and document the events.
It's a very good idea to read the laws and ordinances regarding protection of livestock, animals at large, dog laws, etc. to know exactly where you stand on the matter. It may be legal to shoot the dogs, but you need to know that for sure. If possible, find another way to negotiate with the dog owner(s) before the matter escalates into something ugly. Again, find out what services are offered to you. Some Sherriff's offices offer mediation between services.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm sure it's very stressful.

If possible, record the dogs in action and call your local animal control. You should be able to contact your county/city or look up their website to see what services are available.

Here, Animal Control falls under the county Sherriff's office. Regardless, you need to record or take photos of the dogs and document the events.
It's a very good idea to read the laws and ordinances regarding protection of livestock, animals at large, dog laws, etc. to know exactly where you stand on the matter. It may be legal to shoot the dogs, but you need to know that for sure. If possible, find another way to negotiate with the dog owner(s) before the matter escalates into something ugly. Again, find out what services are offered to you. Some Sherriff's offices offer mediation between services.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I'm sure it's very stressful.
We have cameras around our house and we have a video of them and my dad saved. We have pictures of our chickens and the neighbors permission to shoot them if they get out. Mom has already started the process of printing papers and bringing it over to their house. She says if their insurance finds out they have dogs like that they are screwed. Dad also says animal control can't do anything about it until they get out of their enclosure again. I think it's not the dogs fault because they are locked in a 8 by 10 or so enclosure with no beds or toys bored out of their minds day and night.

Some people should not have dogs. I've seen that behavior when they're bored.im glad your Dad defended his property. How's Ash doing,?
She finally has tail feathers!!! And she is much nicer to me and doesn't bite. :idunno

Stilts is also doing ok, she being proud of her graham crackers and yelling at everything. And hey! Look at what was in the box.
IMG_20220901_181023136.jpg

I think I forgot to mention that it was Stilts who was injured.

She finally has tail feathers!!! And she is much nicer to me and doesn't bite. :idunno

Stilts is also doing ok, she being proud of her graham crackers and yelling at everything. And hey! Look at what was in the box.View attachment 3244348
I think I forgot to mention that it was Stilts who was injured.
AUUUUUUGHHH!!! i looked over there and saw TWO DOGS!!! how?? our neighbor got him pretty good. and dad saw that and drove over there and talked. they said they were going to take them to the ASPCA tomorrow. dad said he would check back in with them. but that's what they said THREE MONTHS AGO. ugh.

Back
Top Bottom